Leaving For Winter BreakPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/housing/current/winter/winter_break_leaving.html
Break information may change closer to date; check back for updates.
Residence Communities Closed
The residence communities close for Winter Break at 7:00 p.m. Friday, December 12, 2014. The residence communities reopen for returning students at 8:00 a.m. Friday, January 9, 2015.
Keep Your Things Safe!
- Remove all valuable items from your room. We are unable to assume liability for the loss of personal belongings left in your room.
- Turn off and unplug computers and all other electrical items in your room except refrigerators and aquariums.
- Remove all perishable items from your refrigerator. If you unplug your refrigerator, please defrost it and leave the refrigerator door open.
- Return all To-Go Meal containers to the Carkoski Dining Hall.
- Take all plants and fish home. If this is impossible, aquarium equipment may be left plugged in. The University assumes no liability for fish or plants left in the room.
- Stadium Heights Residents: Make sure your smoke detector has a battery and is working. You will be charged repair or replacement costs if your smoke detector is inoperable or missing a battery. Batteries are available at the front desk.
- Make sure all windows are closed and locked.
- Close the blinds if you live on the first floor.
- Take out your garbage.
- Turn off the alarm on your clock.
- Turn all lights off.
- Close and lock the door.
The residence communities will be locked for the break at 7:00 p.m. Friday, December 12. Breakfast and lunch will be the only meals served on this day.
Residence communities will reopen at noon Friday, January 9. Lunch will be the first available meal.
A staff member will be checking your room on Friday, December 12 to help secure the building.
If you have not signed up for Winter Break Housing and need access to the residence communities, contact the Residential Life office.
Leaving Your Car On Campus Over Winter Break
Only residents who are registered to stay in the residence communities over Winter Break may keep their cars in on-campus parking lots. If you are going home over break you must take your car with you or find other parking arrangements. Unregistered cars may be subject to towing.
Stadium Heights residents may keep their cars in the small parking lot in front of building 751 if they are registered.
If you plan to have a vehicle on campus AND you are planning to stay on campus during Winter Break, please bring the license plate number from your vehicle when you register.
Residence Communities Locked
From 7:00 p.m. Friday, December 12 until 8:00 a.m. Friday, January 9, the residence communities will be locked for Winter Break.
No students will be allowed access to the communities over break unless previous arrangements have been made with the Department of Residential Life. Current room keys will not work in the access doors.
Any student found staying in the residence communities during this period who has not made previous arrangements with the Department of Residential Life will be charged for the full rate plus an administrative fee and may be subject to disciplinary proceedings.
Changing Rooms for Spring Semester
If you are changing rooms for spring semester, you must move to your spring room before the break begins.
If you have questions, please contact the Department of Residential Life, 111 Carkoski Commons, 507-389-1011, or email@example.com.