Leaving For Winter BreakPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/housing/current/winter/winter_break_leaving.html
Residence Communities Closed
The residence communities close for Winter Break at 7 p.m. Friday, December 11, 2015. Staff members will be checking every room that evening to make sure our facilities are safe and secure for the break period.
No students will be allowed access to the communities over break unless previous arrangements have been made with the Department of Residential Life. Your MavCARDS will be deactivated for the break period which means you will not have access to your residence community.
Any student found staying in the residence communities during this period who did not register for Winter Break Housing will be charged for the full rate ($420) plus an administrative fee ($50) and may be subject to disciplinary proceedings.
The residence communities reopen for Spring Semester at 8 a.m. Friday, January 8, 2016 with lunch being the first meal served (beginning at 11 a.m.) in the dining hall.
Keep Your Belongings Safe!
- Remove all valuable items from your room. We will not assume liability for the loss of personal belongings left in your room.
- Turn off and unplug computers and all other electrical items in your room, except for refrigerators and aquariums.
- Remove all perishable items from your refrigerator. If you decide to unplug your refrigerator, please defrost it and leave the refrigerator door open.
- Return all To-Go Meal containers to Carkoski Dining Hall.
- Take all plants and fish home. If this is impossible, aquarium equipment may be left plugged in. The University assumes no liability for fish or plants left in the room.
- Stadium Heights Residents: Make sure your smoke detector has a battery and is working. You will be charged repair or replacement costs if your smoke detector is inoperable or missing a battery. Batteries are available in the Stadium Heights Office.
- Make sure all windows are closed and locked.
- Close your blinds if you live on the first floor.
- Take out your garbage.
- Turn off the alarm on your clock.
- Turn all lights off.
- Close your door and make sure the lock is secure.
Leaving Your Car On Campus Over Winter Break
Only residents who are registered to stay in the residence communities over Winter Break may keep their cars in on-campus parking lots. If you are going home over break you must take your car with you or find other parking arrangements. Unregistered cars may be subject to towing.
Students living in Stadium Heights who are going home for Winter Break and not planning to take their cars with them should park them in the lot in front of Building 705.
Changing Rooms for Spring Semester?
If you are changing rooms for the Spring Semester, you must move to your spring room before you leave for Winter Break. Coordinate your move to your new room with the Student Services Coordinator in your area.
Sometimes students forget to take something home with them for Winter Break that they need. If this happens to you and you want to come back to campus for an item, we suggest contacting the Residential Life Office (507-389-1011) during business hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) or University Security after business hours (507-389-2111). A staff member will meet you and escort you to your room.