Canceling HousingPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/housing/new/cancel.html
- New Housing Residents - Please see application process for all new on-campus housing applicants.
- PSEO Students - Please call the Residential Life Office 507-389-1011 for access to the online registration system.
Fall housing reservations may be cancelled in writing, online, or by email through Wednesday, August 19, 2015. Cancellations are not accepted after August 19. $200 of the $250 prepayment is refundable if we receive your cancellation by July 1, 2015. All cancellations must be in writing to the Department of Residential Life. Notice of cancellation to the Admissions, Financial Aid, Business or Registrar's Office or to other University offices does not constitute notice of cancellation of this Contract to the Department of Residential Life.
Email Cancellation: Academic Year 2015-2016
Online Cancellation Form
Cancel Via the Online Housing Application (if you have not yet been assigned a room)
Beginning the first day the halls are open each semester, residents can request release from the Contract during the academic semesters. Such releases are subject to the approval of the director of Residential Life or his/her designee. Such releases will be considered for the following reasons:
1) Non-admission, withdrawal, dismissal or graduation from the University.
2) Serious medical or health problem which impedes Resident's ability to fulfill the terms of the
Residence Hall Contract.
3) Marriage during the Contract term.
4) Affiliation with Minnesota State University, Mankato programs that are away from the
Mankato campus,. ie. internships, practica.
Written documentation for all of these releases is required by the Director of Residential Life or his/her designee.
Release for the above reasons will include the following costs:
1) A prorated weekly charge for the period of time that a room was assigned and available
2) A charge for food service assigned and available to Resident.
3) A $30 administrative charge.
If you are reinstated or re-enrolled after release for non-admission, withdrawal or dismissal during the term of the contract, you will be required to fulfill the balance of the Contract.
Release requests for the entire Fall Semester received less than 21 days prior to the end of Fall Semester may be subject to a late charge of $20.
(Spring 2016 housing cancellation information available August 2015.)