Cancel HousingPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/housing/new/cancel.html
- Spring-only reservations may be cancelled via the Contract Cancellation Request until January 10, 2019. $200 of the $250 prepayment is refundable if your cancellation is received (or postmarked) by December 14, 2018.
- 2019-2020 reservations may be cancelled via the Contract Cancellation Request until August 21, 2019. $200 of the $250 prepayment is refundable if your cancellation is received by July 1, 2019.
Notice of cancellation to University Admissions, Financial Aid, or other University offices does not constitute notice of cancellation of your Housing Contract to Residential Life.
Residents can request release from their Housing Contract during the academic semester. Such releases are subject to the approval of the Director of Residential Life or their designee. Releases will be considered for the following reasons:
- Non-admission, withdrawal, dismissal or graduation from the University.
- Serious medical or health problem which impedes Resident's ability to fulfill the terms of the Housing Contract.
- Marriage during the Contract term.
- Affiliation with Minnesota State University, Mankato programs that are away from the Mankato campus (ie. internships, practicum, etc.)
Written documentation is required by the Director of Residential Life or their designee. Releases for the above reasons will include the following costs:
- A prorated weekly charge for the period of time that a room was assigned and available to the resident.
- A charge for food service assigned and available to resident.
- A $30 administrative charge.
If students are reinstated or re-enrolled after release for non-admission, withdrawal or dismissal during the term of the Contract, they will be required to fulfill the balance of the Contract.
Release requests received less than 21 days prior to the end of Fall Semester may be subject to a late charge of $50.