McElroy Move-In InformationPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/housing/new/move_in/move_in_fall/mcelroy_movein.html
When You Arrive
Please enter the staging area in Lot 16. As spaces become available, individuals will direct vehicles to the unloading zone in Lot 15. DO NOT go directly to Lot 15 upon your arrival.
Instructions for Thursday, August 21, 2014
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
20-Minute Unloading Zone (Lot 15)
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended until it is unloaded and moved away from the
20-minute unloading zone!
- Move Crew will help unload your vehicle and they can help watch belongings when vehicles are moved away from the unloading zone.
- Move Crew volunteers work until approximately 3:00 p.m.
- No trailers allowed in this unloading zone. (Trailers unload in Lot 16.)
Check-In and Room Key Pickup
- Students need to bring a picture ID to check in.
- To check-in, enter the McElroy lobby and follow the signs.
- A limited number of flatbeds are available for check-out.
- Students or family members may check these out with an ID.
You’re Unloaded, Now What?
- Please move your car as soon as it is unloaded so the next student and their family can unload in this area. (check out the move-in map)
- McElroy residents and guests: Move vehicles to Lot 20.
- Vehicles that take up more than one parking stall: These vehicles must be moved to
- Vehicles with handicap permits can park in Lot 16.
- Shuttles run from 9:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- The McElroy/Preska shuttle picks up and drops off from the bus shelters on Maywood Lots 2, 20 and in front of Julia Sears.
New Student and Family BBQ
- Stop by the Myers Field House from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. for dinner.
- This is a “meal plan” dinner for students; Family members can pay at the event.
To Avoid Ticketing and Towing
- Do not park in barricaded areas, handicap stalls, areas blocked with cones, yellow spaces, gold lots/spaces, or facility stalls.
- After 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 21, 2014, students and visitors can park in Green lots without a permit through Sunday, August 24 .