McElroy Move-In InformationPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/housing/new/move_in/move_in_fall/mcelroy_movein.html
When you arrive, please enter the Staging Area in Lot 16. As space becomes available, Parking staff will direct vehicles to the Unloading Zone in Lot 15.
DO NOT GO TO LOT 15 UPON ARRIVAL!
Instructions for Thursday, August 18, 2016
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Move-In Map (will be available July 20)
15-Minute Unloading Zone (Lot 15)
- Move Crew volunteers will help unload your belongings to the curb outside of McElroy. They can also help watch your belongings when vehicles are moved away from the unloading zone. Move Crew volunteers work until approximately 3 p.m.
- Vehicles should not be left unattended when parked in an unloading zone. Someone must stay with the vehicle at all times.
- No trailers are allowed in this unloading zone. (Trailers unload in Lot 16).
- As soon as your vehicle is unloaded, please move it to designated long-term parking in Lot 20 by exiting south on Ellis Avenue, proceeding east on Maywood Avenue, then south on Warren Street. This will help ensure others get moved in quickly as well.
- Vehicles that take up more than one parking stall must be moved to Lot 20 and cannot stay in Lot 16 after unloading.
- Vehicles with handicap permits may park in Lot 16.
Check-In and Room Key Pickup
Typically the student goes to the check-in table to pick up his/her key and a Welcome packet while family and/or friends begin to unload personal belongings.
- Students need to bring a picture ID to check in (a driver's license or MavCARD will work!)
- To check-in, enter the McElroy lobby and follow the signs.
- A limited number of flatbeds will be available for check-out.
- Students or family members may check these out with an ID.
- Shuttles will run from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- The McElroy/Preska shuttle picks up and drops off from the bus shelters on Maywood (in front of Preska), Lots 2, 20 and in front of Julia Sears.
New Student and Family BBQ
- Stop by the Myers Field House from 4 to 6 p.m. for dinner.
- For students, this is the first meal covered by your meal plan so all you need to bring is your MavCARD to eat. For friends and family, the cost of this meal is $9 per person and tickets can be purchased at the door. Children five and under are free.
To Avoid Ticketing and Towing
- Do not park in barricaded areas, handicap stalls, areas blocked with cones, yellow spaces, Gold lots/spaces, or facility stalls.
- After 4 p.m. on Thursday, August 18, students and visitors can park in Green lots without a permit through Sunday, August 21 .