Spring OpeningPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/spring_opening.html
Beat the Rush!
New Students Who Are Attending Orientation May Move In Early on Thursday, January 4!
Early move-in is only for students participating in orientation on Friday, January 5. Students will be able to move in between 3-5 p.m. on Thursday, January 4, 2018.
The residence communities will open for all other students on Friday, January 5 at 8 a.m.
Arriving to MSU
New students are welcome to move in early on Thursday, January 4 between 3-5 p.m. OR arrive anytime between Friday, January 5 and Sunday, January 7. You should check-in at the Front Desk of your assigned residence community. If your plans have changed and you will no longer be enrolled as a student for the Spring Semester, please contact our office.
Here's a few helpful hints to keep in mind as you prepare to move:
- Dress comfortably.
- Prepare for the day accordingly. Moving in during the winter season means you'll most likely have to deal with the elements (I.e. snow or other precipitation). We suggest that you allow some extra time to travel and get your belongings moved in. Also, keep in mind that there will be other students and families trying to move in at the same time so being patient and having a sense of humor will go a long way!
- Decide what is really important to move with you on Move-In Day. Seasonal items that are not needed for the first few weeks can be brought at another time once you know what you have room for.
Driving Directions and Parking Information
When you arrive to campus for Spring Move-In, please park in the nearest parking lot to your assigned residence community to unload. Click here to view a map of campus.
Not sure which parking lot is closest to your community?
|If you are assigned to||Park here to unload|
|Julia Sears||30-minute curbside unloading on West Road Thursday, January 4 between 3-5:30 p.m. Friday arrivals should unload in Green lots (1, 2, 14, or 16). Saturday and Sunday arrivals should unload in Lot 11A.|
|Stadium Heights||Park in the lot directly in front of your building.|
Check-In and Room Key Pickup
When you arrive to campus, students should go to the Front Desk of their assigned residence community to check-in and receive their room key. Students will need to bring a photo ID to check-in (a driver's license or MavCARD are acceptable photo IDs).
Front Desks will open at 8 a.m. on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
We will have flatbed carts available for your use to assist you in moving belongings. Students or family members may check these out with an ID.
To Avoid Ticketing and Towing
- Do not park in barricaded areas, handicap stalls, areas blocked with cones, yellow spaces, Gold lots/spaces, or facility stalls.
- Residence Hall Green Permit Parking Lots (14, 16, 1, and 2) will start being enforced at 8 a.m. on Monday, January 10. Make sure your parking permit is properly displayed and that you are parked in the correct lot beginning at this time to avoid a ticket!
Students attending orientation who take advantage of early move-in will have dinner provided to them on Thursday, January 4 between 5-6 p.m. in our University Dining Center. Guests of the student are welcome to eat with the student and pay the door rate (cash, debit, and credit cards are accepted). The door rate is $9.04 plus tax.
The University Dining Center will open at 10 a.m. for lunch on Friday, January 5. This will be the first meal covered by your meal plan.
Shuttles for Stadium Heights
Buses will leave Stadium Heights every 15 minutes. The last bus will leave Stadium Heights 15 minute sprior to the end time listed below.
- Stadium Heights Office/Bus Shelter
- Preska/University Dining Center Bus Shelter on Maywood
- Centennial Student Union South Bus Shelter
|Thursday, Jan. 4||Friday, Jan. 5||Saturday, Jan. 6||Sunday, Jan. 7|
|8-11 a.m.||8-11 a.m.||11 a.m. - 2 p.m.||11 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|2-6 p.m.||2-6 p.m.||5-8 p.m.||5-8 p.m.|