About EventPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/scholarshipbbq/aboutevent.html
The MSU Sport Management program, in partnership with University Dining Services and local sponsors, is hosting this event to build a scholarship foundation for students who have exemplified excellence in academics as well as in the community.
About the Scholarship BBQ
- The first–ever MSU Scholarship BBQ took place in the fall of 2007, raising over $2,500 for student scholarships.
- The second MSU Scholarship BBQ took place in the spring of 2008, raising over $7,500 for the general scholarship fund with over 1,000 people in attendance.
- The most recent BBQ took place in the spring of 2010, raising over $10,000 for the general scholarship fund with over 2,000 people in attendance.
- Both events were completely planned, organized & executed by sport management students interested in gaining hands on experience with event management.
- With the support of University Dining Services & MSU, we have high hopes that the spring 2011 Scholarship BBQ will establish a tradition of partnerships between Minnesota State University, its students & the Mankato community.
University Wide Sales Competition
- This year there will be a university wide sales competition which will give students the opportunity to win scholarships. To be a part of the sales competition all you need to do is sign up in HC 1400. Students can sell tickets to community members, faculty and staff, and other students on the MSU campus. Winners receive:
- 1st place- $500 scholarship
- 2nd place- $300 scholarship
- 3rd place- $200 scholarship
- Please come help out and support at this event!!!
2013 Event Details
- What: Food, Games, Music, Prizes, and the Kiss the Pig contest
- When: Thursday, April 25th From 11 am till 2 pm
- Where: MSU Mall
- Who: All MSU Students, Faculty & Community
- Why: To build a scholarship foundation for deserving students who have exemplified excellence in the classroom as well as the community
The event will also support Maverick Momentum Scholarships and Greater Mankato Connecting Kids-United Way.