CHOICES SanctionPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/shs/choicessanction.html
Note: CHOICES classes are not offered during summer session and will resume Fall semester.
CHOICES - Registration and Completion Instructions
- CHOICES is a two-part alcohol and drug education course: two-hour Small Group Workshop AND 30-minute Individual Follow-up Meeting with the Coordinator of Alcohol and Drug Sanction Education.
Read all instructions before registering for a CHOICES workshop.
Register online for a CHOICES workshop.
- Register for a CHOICES workshop online.
- Click "Schedule Now".
- Click "CHOICES", and then click "Pick Date/Time." Available workshop dates are outlined in gray.
- Click on the desired date, and then click on the workshop time which will appear on the right.
- Click "Sign Up Here" and create a Schedulicity user name and password to complete your online booking, or sign in if you already have a Schedulicity account.
- You will receive a CHOICES confirmation text message along with a reminder email prior to your scheduled workshop.
- If you have questions about registration please call 389-5689.
Attend the CHOICES workshop.
Attend the 30-min. Individual Follow-up Meeting (to be scheduled at the CHOICES workshop).
- Arrive on time and stay for the entire two-hour workshop.
- Late arrivals will be asked to reschedule, and those leaving early will not get credit for attending.
- Appropriate behavior, participation, and confidentiality are required.
- Respect for the instructor and participants are required.
- If you refuse to participate or fall asleep during class, you may be asked to leave.
- Students under the influence of alcohol and/or other drugs will be asked to leave and security will be summonsed.
- The Individual Follow Up Meeting will include:
- Discussion about what you learned during the CHOICES workshop and how the program may influence your future choices about alcohol or marijuana use.
- Confidential discussion about own use, personal risk factors, and other relevant information.
Pay the $135.00 program fee
- A $135 program fee will be posted to your student account. You may pay the fee online or at the Cashiers Office, 128 Wigley Administration Center.
- Referral staff will be notified of your completion or failure to complete. No other information will be relayed to this person.
- Refer to your outcome letter or contact your referral staff person for questions regarding your assigned deadline.
- Failure to complete your sanction by the assigned deadline will result in a hold placed on registration and future enrollment.
- If you completed the CHOICES workshop and the follow-up meeting but did not completed the evaluation, please complete the brief confidential evaulation here. Thank you! Please only complete once.