AssessmentPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/shs/partnership/assessment.html
- The first step in the Strategic Prevention Framework is Assessment. From the beginning of the grant we have been collecting data to use to guide the selection, implementation, and evaluation of effective, culturally appropriate, and sustainable prevention activities.
- This assessment data has consisted of the following:
- Needs Assessment Workbook: This workbook is compiled with data from our 2014 NCHA survey, campus policy scans, campus and media scans, and city liquor license data.
- Student Survey: This survey data was collected in Fall 2015 from four undergraduate classes that assessed students' views on alcohol and marijuana use on campus.
- Law Enforcement Data: This data is collected quarterly based on Mankato city citation records.
- Coalition Conversations: This data was from conversations with each coalition member in the summer of 2015.
- Key Informant Interviews: These interviews were conducted with community leaders about awareness of student underage alcohol use and marijuana use, practices and policies that currently exist to prevent student alcohol and marijuana use, and the community's prevention resources and environment for preventing alcohol and marijuana use.