President's WelcomePage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/students/basicstuff/intro.html
Welcome to Minnesota State University, Mankato! I am delighted that you have chosen to bring your big ideas and aspirations to our University -- and I'm excited for you to be able to apply Real-World Thinking to your career goals.
Our faculty and staff are eager to help you achieve your educational goals both in the classroom and through campus and community experiences. We are committed to providing outstanding teaching, scholarship, and research opportunities to stimulate your learning and prepare you for life after college. And, we are dedicated to preparing students to become educated citizens and leaders in our society. I hope you will explore the many educational opportunities that Minnesota State Mankato offers you. There is a place for everyone at our University.
There are so many great stories taking shape at this University, it is difficult to elaborate, however, I want to share a few of them with you.
- In the 2016-17 academic year, we plan to celebrate the openings of two new buildings on campus. The state-of-the-art Clinical Sciences Building will benefit our students and allow for greater collaboration with the community. The new futuristic dining facility will serve an increased number of students while offering a broad menu of fresh-prepared, customized meal options in a contemporary setting. We're also proud of the building's sustainability features, demonstrating the University's ongoing environmental stewardship.
- Minnesota State Mankato is the second largest public university in Minnesota. The website BestValueSchools.com has ranked Minnesota State University, Mankato the second-best "Value College" among four-year public colleges and universities in the state of Minnesota and the third-best "Value College" among all four-year colleges and universities in the state. The rankings were based on graduation rate, net price, acceptance rate and a 20-year net return on investment.
- Minnesota State Mankato has recently been designated as a "Non-Land Grant College of Agriculture" by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's National Institute of Food and Agriculture. This designation makes the University eligible to apply for grants in the field of agriculture that will allow us to expand our academic programs in this area.
- Our international student enrollment has doubled in size in the past five years, and we moved up to 29th nationally among master's institutions in that category. Our College of Business has again been recognized as one of the nation's best business schools by The Princeton Review.
- Our Theatre and Dance and Music programs are consistently recognized nationally for the quality of their performances by students and faculty receiving national awards in their performance areas.
- Likewise our student-athletes compete in Division I (men's and women's hockey) and in Division II (all other sports). Branded by the tagline "Building Champions", the Mavericks are noted for outstanding performances, not only competitively, but in the community and the classroom, as well. A regular in the Learfield Sports Director's Cup Top 20, Minnesota State Mankato's athletic teams are always a contender for conference championships and NCAA postseason opportunities, while these same student-athletes contribute nearly 4,000 volunteer hours annually to various service initiatives and over 30% of them earn Dean's List recognition each semester.
- We continue to bring many nationally renowned speakers and performers to our campus, and hope you take the opportunity to attend the numerous educational, cultural and entertainment events held on our campus each year.
Yes, we have an exhaustive list of bragging points; however, we love to brag most about our students, faculty, staff and their accomplishments. I hope this will be a memorable and rewarding year for you at Minnesota State Mankato! I look forward to congratulating you upon your graduation when you join the more than 116,000 successful alumni whose Minnesota State Mankato degree serves a lifelong symbol of pride and achievement.