National Student ExchangePage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/studyabroad/nationalstudentexchange/
The National Student Exchange (NSE) is a consortium of 200 institutions across the United States, Alaska, Hawaii as well as Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, and seven provinces in Canada, which provides opportunities for undergraduate students to study for up to one academic year at another NSE member college or university. Minnesota State University, Mankato is what we call a Plan B NSE School. As a Plan B school, students take courses at the NSE host university but pay tuition at MSU-Mankato. The student will only pay for housing and fees at the NSE host university (not their tuition). Additionally, students who receive financial aid will also be able to use their financial aid awards while participating in the NSE exchange program.
- 2.5 cumulative GPA at the time of application and at the completion of the term prior to exchange.
- Full-time student at the time of application and in the term prior to exchange.
- Good standing (academic, financial, and social/behavioral) as defined by Minnesota State Mankato.
- Be approved by the Minnesota State Mankato NSE coordinator for participation in the exchange program.
The 2018-2019 NSE Priority Consideration Deadline for applications is February 15. Please submit your application materials at your EARLIEST convenience. It is HIGHLY recommended that students considering NSE for ANY term (fall 2019, spring 2020, or academic year 2019-20) submit an application prior to the.
- Schedule a meeting with Dr. Nancy O’Brien, the campus NSE coordinator, to discuss your program options and selection procedures. Meetings can also be scheduled by calling 507-389-1341, email email@example.com or stopping by the Center for Education Abroad and Away at Morris Hall 3 (lower level).
- Complete the online NSE application by the appropriate deadline.
- Pay the $150 NSE application fee via personal check, cashiers check from a bank or money order. The check should be made out to "Minnesota State University, Mankato" with "NSE application fee" written on memo line
Spanish Language Abroad
Study Spanish with Estudio Sampere Program!
For more than 30 years the MSU Spanish department has partnered with Estudio Sampere to bring MSU students the opportunity to study Spanish in Costa Rica, Ecuador or Spain and earn credits towards their Spanish major or minor! For more information please see the Spanish department website.