7912Page address: https://www.mnsu.edu/telecomm/cisco/training/phone/7912.html
Cisco 7912 single-line IP telephone set
Note: 7912 phones are used exclusively in hallways, classrooms and labs
The Cisco 7912 Single-line IP phone provides a pixel-based display. The display provides features such as date and time, calling party name, calling party number, and digits dialed, as well as call state indicators, a settings menu, and other information.
This phone does not include speakerphone capability but features on-hook dialing and call monitor mode (speaker only). The phone has a rocker switch for controlling volume for ringer, handset, and call monitor is also provided. The user can lock these volumes by pressing the Settings key followed by the Save key. Users can also select two ringer types and set the LCD contrast using the volume buttons.
- Four soft keys dynamically present calling options to the user. The scroll toggle bar allows easy movement through the display information.
- "Menu" key - quickly access information such as call logs and phone settings.
- The user can retrieve voice-mail messages.
- The user can display missed calls, outgoing calls that have been placed, and incoming calls that have been received.
- The use can set various preferences such as ring types and display contrast.
- "Hold" key - a red visual indication that a call has been placed on hold.
- Volume-control toggle provides easy decibel-level adjustments of the handset and ringer.
- Hearing-aid compatible handset (meets American Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements with ADA-compliant volume.
- Voice activity detection, silence suppression, comfort noise generation and error concealment.
- Support of a single line or directory number
- Calling name and number display
- Call Waiting
- Call Forward
- Call Transfer
- Three-way calling (conference)
- On-hook dialing, predialing, and off-hook dialing
- Call Hold
- Call Park
- Call Join
- Call Pickup
- Call Monitor (speaker only, no microphone)
- "Messages" soft key that allows access to voicemail messages
- Four speed dial, configurable through Cisco CallManager
The 7912 phone receives firmware updates from system downloads. The Cisco IP Phone series is a standards-based communication appliance.
- Dimensions: 6.5 x 7 x 6 in. (H x W x D)
- Weight: 1.9 lb
- Two standard 10/100 BaseT RJ-45 jacks.
- 48 VDC required; provided by PoE or can be supplied locally at the desktop using an optional AC to DC power supply, CP-PWR-CUBE-2=.
- Operating temperature: 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)* Relative humidity: 10% to 95% (noncondensing)
The above data sheet was taken (with permission) from the Cisco web site.