Meet-Me Conference CallingPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/telecomm/meet-me.html
Establishing a Meet-Me Conference Call allows other callers to dial into the conference call from anywhere. This requires a special conference number which must be reserved through ITS.
To request a number for a Conference Call date and time please contact Julie Bruggeman at 2226 or the Information and Technology Service Desk at 6654.
Steps for the conference call originator
Inform the meeting participants in advance:
- Conference Phone number
- Time to call—let them know if they get a busy signal they have called too early
The call originator must dial in first and initiate the call from a CISCO IP Phone.
- Take the phone off-hook.
- Press the More soft key to display the Meet-Me tab.
- Press Meet Me soft key.
- Dial the assigned four digit Meet-Me conference number to establish the meeting.
- Only the initiator needs to select 'More'/'Meet Me'.
Steps for all other conference call participants
- Dial in to the meeting using the assigned number.
- Dial like any phone call—they do not select 'More' or 'Meet Me'.
- On campus phones dial the 4-digit conference extension same as any other MSU number.
- Long-distance participants will need to dial 507-389-(4-digit conference extension number).
The assigned dial-in number is authorized only for the specific date and time specified in the user's request. A new request is required for each conference session to avoid individuals dialing into someone else's conference call by mistake.