GraduatePage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/theatre/academic/graduate/
Edward Albee's The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia, a Studio production staged in March 2012, was directed by a graduate student, with graduate students also designing the set, lighting and costumes. Costume design was by an undergraduate.
Master of Fine Arts degree in Theatre
The Department offers a Master of Fine Arts degree curriculum to a 60-credit, three-year program. The Performance MFA now offers the Acting, Directing and Musical Theatre tracks; the Design/Technology MFA offers Scenic Design, Costume Design, Lighting Design and Sound Design tracks, as well as Technical Direction.
The MA in Theatre Arts is available for students who have an undergraduate major or minor in theatre or its equivalent. Thirty credits of graduate level work is required to complete the Master of Arts degree. Fifty percent of these hours must be at the 600 level. In addition to Theatre Research, specific plans of study are to be devised with the concurrence of the student's advisor. No P/N grades are acceptable in fulfilling major requirements.
Graduate program acceptance is predicated on area of interest. Priority will be given to applications received by March 1. Get more information about what to include for the audition DVD. Contact the department chair after that date to determine potential vacancies; Paul J. Hustoles
- For all Minnesota State Mankato graduate school forms (including Application, Graduate Assistantship application and Immunization), visit Graduate Forms page
- Apply to the Department of Theatre & Dance graduate program
- The Minnesota State Mankato's College of Graduate Studies and Research.
- MFA Performance curriculum (Word document)
- MFA Design/Technology curriculum (Word document)
- Masters checklist (22KB PDF)
For additional information about graduate study in the Department of Theatre & Dance, please contact:
Dr. Paul J. Hustoles, Chair
Department of Theatre & Dance
Minnesota State University, Mankato
201 Earley Center for Performing Arts
Mankato, MN 56001
Email: Paul J. Hustoles
(507) 389-2118 (V) or (800) 627-3529 (MRS/TTY)