Crawford Residence CommunityPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/tour/cr.html
Crawford Residence Community was the first building constructed and occupied on the new Highland Campus, narrowly beating the Wilson Campus School building into service by a little more than a month. Built in two stages, Crawford Center was the first residence hall on the upper campus of the then Mankato State College. The first stage was completed in 1959, the final stage in 1967. Construction began in summer of 1958, and the A and B wings were ready for the residence hall opening Sept. 19, 1959, for the start of the 1959-60 school year. The community is named in honor of Clarence L. Crawford, seventh president of the institution who served in that capacity from 1946 to 1965.
The four halls of Crawford (A, B, C, and D) offer a wide variety of housing in offers both renovated and basic room types. Outdoor recreational fields adjacent to Crawford include a large grass field, several basketball courts and a sand volleyball pit. Crawford currently houses 725 residents on the north side of campus and is home of the Maverick Mentor program for first-years students.