Wiecking CenterPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/tour/wc.html
The first ground breaking for an instructional facility on Minnesota State University, Mankato's Highland Campus was for the building now known as Wiecking Center. Construction started in late summer of 1958. The structure originally housed the Wilson Campus School, an experimental laboratory school which in 1968 adopted an innovative open curriculum for which it became nationally known.
The school operated until June 1977 when legislative funding support was discontinued. Continuing in service for other university purposes, the building was renamed the Wiecking Center in 1979 in honor of Anna and Emma Wiecking, sisters who were associated with Mankato State through a 42-year span as members of the faculty.
The building now houses several classrooms and offices for various departments on campus, and it is also home to MSU's Children's House. A metal building annex funded through the MSU Foundation also houses various shops for the Operations Unit.