Career Development Center Services & Programs for Alumni
Alumni who graduated within the past year…
New alumni have ongoing access to all Career Development Center services and programs for the immediate twelve months following their graduation date.
Alumni who graduated more than one year ago…
Alumni who graduated more than one year ago have access to a variety of career and job search services and tools:
- Annual individual career and job search consultation appointment with a career counseling staff member: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and scheduling options. Available in-person, by phone, or video connection.
- Email resume and cover letter reviews: Send your materials in a Word document format to email@example.com . Please note that reviews may take up to 5-7 business days when classes are in session. During break or summer semesters, firstname.lastname@example.org will remain in effect but due to limited staffing will be on a first come, first serve basis.
- Full access to Handshake: Minnesota State University, Mankato’s searchable, password-protected job listing and recruiting system. Includes national, regional, State and local jobs for all majors in a wide range of industries. Upload your resume for employer searches and to apply online. Alumni from 2016 to present already have an account with their StarID and StarID password. Alumni from 2015 or earlier can create an account and request access here.
- Job Search Handbook: This popular handbook includes a wealth of information on resumes, cover letters, interviewing, and the job search. It also includes a large selection of resume and cover letter samples specific to Minnesota State Mankato students and graduates.
- Candid Career Video Library: Access a full library of over 7,000 short videos to provide tips and strategies on a whole host of career topics. Videos are searchable by title, major, industry, and more to help you find the insight needed in many fields and career paths.
- FOCUS2 Career Guidance System: Clarify your interests, skills, personality preferences, and values and see your potential career path through our career and education planning assessment - FOCUS. Research occupations and how well they fit with you all for FREE with the access code MAVERICKS. Make your account today!
- GoinGlobal: online country-specific and USA city-specific career and employment.
- Career Events: Access to a host of annual career events annually.
- Graduate School Information & Resources: Includes CDC Handbook “Applying for Graduate School”.
- Additional job search links and resources: Take some time to explore our full website.