CSU Posters: Guidelines and Information
Info that MUST be included
- Date, Time & Location
- Name of the sponsoring RSO or Department
- Contact information for the group or event
- Two Required Logos
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Minnesota State – System
- Follow Logo Placement & Color Standards
- One Required Statement – with added info
PREFERRED POSTER SIZE
- 8.5 X 11
- 11 X 17
By law, the one of the following Required Statements must appear on all publications:
REGULAR PUBLICATIONS (Add name & contact info for Department/RSO):
A member of the Minnesota State system and an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity University. This document is available in alternative format to individuals with disabilities by calling [insert Department or Office Name] at 507-389-_ _ _ _ (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY)
REQUIRED STATEMENT - EVENTS OR ACTIVITY PUBLICATIONS (Add name & contact info for Department/RSO):
A member of the Minnesota State system and an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity University. Individuals with a disability who need a reasonable accommodation to participate in this event, please contact [insert Department or Office Name] at 507-389-_ _ _ _ (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY) at least ____ days prior to the event. This document is available in alternative format to individuals with disabilities by calling the above numbers.
Formatting Required Statements:
- The type size must be no less than 6 point.
- The type must be set in Futura or Arial, regular or bold only (no light versions).
- Use 100 percent solid color in high contrast to any background color present; do not use screens or a percentage of a color. Avoid low contrast colors like black on purple or white on gold.
- Add the name of the Department/RSO and a contact number to the statement!
- more info at: https://mankato.mnsu.edu/brand-standards/printed-materials/
LOGO PLACEMENT/COLOR STANDARDS AT:
LOGOS CAN BE DOWNLOADED AT:
poster approval and display
- All posters for display on CSU Bulletin Boards and Academic Building Bulletin Boards must be approved and stamped in the CSU Administration office (CSU220).
- Posters approved for the CSU Bulletin Boards may only be posted by CSU Staff - 7 CSU Bulletin Boards.
- Posters approved for Academic Boards will be posted by the RSO or Department - 87 Academic Bulletin Boards.
- Posters approved for the CSU will be posted by staff approximately a week before the event, subject to space constraints.
- The CSU shall not be held responsible or accountable for the theft or vandalism of any materials displayed.
- Unapproved posters and posters outside of designated areas in the CSU will be removed and discarded.
- All materials to be posted or displayed on the CSU Boards or General Use Boards in academic buildings should be academically related and sponsored by a Department or a Recognized Student Organization (RSO).