Bias Incident Support and Advisory (BISA) Team
Actively working towards making our campus welcoming for ALL!
The Bias Incident Support and Advisory (BISA) Team is comprised of representation from various university departments, stakeholders, and leaders who work together to create a campus community that is inclusive of all its members. The Bias Incident Support and Advisory (BISA) team reviews reports of bias, gather additional information on reported incidents, collaborate with university departments to educate the campus community on forms of bias and hate, redress incidents when possible, and refer cases to the appropriate department when necessary (i.e., Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Kearney Center for International Student Services, Dean of Students, Campus Security, Office of Equal Opportunity & Title IX, and/or Mankato Public Safety).
Meet the Team
The Bias Incident Support and Advisory (BISA) Team is comprised of representation from the following offices and will report to the Vice President of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion or their proxy. Any of these members are prepared to receive reports of bias and hate. Please feel free to contact them for additional assistance and support.
- Co-Chair & Co-Convener: Kenneth Reid, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Co-Chair & Co-Convener: Linda Alvarez, Office of Equal Opportunity & Title IX
- Sandi Schnorenberg, Director of University Security
- Cynthia Janney, Dean of Students & Director of Residential Life
- Daniel Benson, Director of Media Relations
- Torin Akey, Associate Director of Residential Life
- Beth Claussen, Assistant Director of Accessibility and Resources
- Gregory Wilkins, Associate Director of Student Activities
- Sara Granberg-Rademacker, Director of Academic Advising
- Jeffery Dennis, Assistant Professor of Corrections
- Andrew Johnson, Professor of Elementary and Literacy Education
- Kara Sverci, Vice President of Student Government
- Minahil Khan, Speaker of Student Goverment
- Patrick Flynn, President of Residence Hall Association
- Timothy Berry, Interim Associate Vice President for Faculty Affairs and Equity Initiatives
- Jennifer Veltsos, Interim Associate Vice President for Curriculum & Dean of Graduate Studies
The President and/or Campus Diversity Officer may invite additional faculty, staff, and/or content experts to serve as consultants to the team if they possess expertise that could add to the analyses in a special case. In addition, the Team will consult with the Minnesota State Office of General Counsel on legal matters as needed.