- the willful (non-negligent) killing of one human being by another.
- the killing of another person through gross negligence.
Taking or attempting to take anything of value from the care, custody, or control of a person or persons by force or threat of force or violence and/or putting the victim in fear.
Unlawful attack by one person upon another for the purpose of inflicting severe or aggravated bodily injury.
Unlawful entry of a structure to commit a felony or a theft.
Motor Vehicle Theft
The theft or attempted theft of a motor vehicle.
Willful or malicious burning or attempt to burn with or without intent to defraud a dwelling house, public building, motor vehicle or aircraft, personal property of another, etc.
Violence committed by a person who is or has been in a social relationship of a romantic or intimate nature with the victim; and where the existence of such a relationship shall be determined based on a consideration of the following factors:
- the length of the relationship;
- the type of relationship;
- the frequency of interaction between the persons involved in the relationship.
Felony or misdemeanor crimes of violence committed:
- by a current or former spouse or intimate partner of the victim;
- by a person with whom the victim shares a child in common;
- by a person who is cohabitating with or has cohabitated with the victim as a spouse or intimate partner;
- by a person similarly situated to a spouse of the victim under the domestic or family violence laws of the jurisdiction in which the crime of violence occurred;
- by any other person against an adult or youth victim who is protected from that person’s acts under the domestic or family violence laws of the jurisdiction in which the crime of violence occurred.
Engaging in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that would cause a reasonable person to:
- fear for the person’s safety or the safety of others;
- suffer substantial emotional distress.
Liquor Law Violation
The violation of state or local laws or ordinances prohibiting the manufacture, sale, purchase, transportation, possession, or use of alcoholic beverages.
Drug Law Violation
The violation of laws prohibiting the production, distribution and/or use of certain controlled substances and the equipment or devices utilized in their preparation and/or use.
Illegal Weapons Possession
The violation of laws or ordinances prohibiting the manufacture, sale, purchase, transportation, possession, concealment, or use of firearms, cutting instruments, explosives, incendiary devices, or other deadly weapons.
Sex Offenses Forcible
- penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus, with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim or if the victim was incapable of giving consent.
- touching of the private body parts of another person for the purpose of sexual gratification, without the consent of the victim or if the victim was incapable of giving consent.
Sex Offenses Non-Forcible
- sexual intercourse between persons who are related to each other within the degrees wherein marriage is prohibited by law.
- sexual intercourse with a person who is under the statutory age of consent.