Beekah Madia Russell, Student Success Coordinator
- University of Wisconsin – Whitewater, Bachelors of Science in Social Work
- Kansas State University, Masters of Science in Counseling & College Student Development and Academic Advising Certificate
- Neurodivergent Affirming Personal Coach
- Independent Personal Care Worker, Greater Whitewater Area
- Assistant to the Dean of the College of Letters & Sciences, University of Wisconsin – Whitewater
- Assistant Community Coordinator, Kansas State University
- Program Advisor & Summer Operations Coordinator, Minnesota State University, Mankato
What I like about being a Maverick
I appreciate the caring nature of the students, faculty, and staff. Everyone is driven to make sure our everyone is as safe as possible while also having a great experience.
What makes me passionate about my work is having the opportunity to have a strengths based approach centered around diversity, equity, and inclusion. I actively participate in professional development opportunities within student affairs, social work, and disability advocacy to ensure that I am able to best support students. I believe that having an intersectional approach to our work is essential in encouraging students to optimize their Maverick experience.
In my free time I love spending time with my partner, my dogs (Sokk & Katara), and friends. I also enjoy working out, watching Marvel/Anime/all things Disney, and participating in all things Halloween all year long.