Type, bread, syntax error on data section 1 = ''
Page address: https://www.mnsu.edu/varp/assault/examples.html
- Donna is a non-traditional student living eight blocks from campus. One evening when she's walking home, a man pulls over in his car and asks for directions to the library. As Donna approaches the car, the man gets out and shows her a knife. He forces her into the car and sexually assaults her.
- The scenario does not say if the sexual assault involved penetration or contact. If penetration did occur, the crime is felony 1st degree criminal sexual conduct. The assailant has committed the highest level of criminal sexual offense involving use of weapon to facilitate the crime. If convicted, he faces up to 30 years prison and/or pay $40,000 in fines. If no penetration occurred during the assault, the crime would be felony 2nd degree criminal sexual conduct. The maximum penalty is 25 years in prison and/or $35,000 in fines.
- Eric offers Michelle a ride home from a party. He says he wants to show her a pretty spot in the country. Michelle likes Eric and agrees. When he stops the car, they start kissing. She is OK with this but says she doesn't want to go any further. Eric pins her down. Michelle is frightened and angry. She tells him to stop. He accuses her of leading him on and forces her to have intercourse.
- This is felony 3rd degree criminal sexual conduct, involving both force and penetration. If convicted, Eric could be sent to prison for up to 15 years and/or pay $30,000 in fines.
- Jeff passes out in an upstairs bedroom at a party. As he goes in and out of consciousness, he hears three guys laughing and sees them removing his pants. They write on his body and genitals. Jeff is too incapacitated to stop them.
- This is 4th degree criminal sexual conduct, a felony involving sexual conduct with a physically helpless individual. Perpetrators would face up to 10 years prison time and/or pay $20,000 fines.
- Amy is working late at a restaurant cleaning off tables in back. An intoxicated customer makes a suggestive comment, backs her into a corner and rubs her breast.
- This is a case of 5th degree criminal sexual conduct, a gross misdemeanor. If convicted, the maximum penalty is $3,000 fines and/or one year in jail.