Cookbook - AppetizersPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/appetizers/broiledcrabtreat/
Broiled Crab Treat
- 3 English muffins*
- 4 oz. spicy Monterey Jack cheese*
- 1 cup crab meat or imitation crab
- 1/4 cup sour cream*
- 6 thin slices tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp white wine Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp horseradish
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese
- Split and toast the English muffin and arrange on a broiler pan.
- Combine the remaining ingredients except the tomatoes and cheese.
- Place one slice of tomato on each half of the muffin, and spread the mixture on top.
- Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and broil about 5 inches from the heat or until the cheese in the mixture is melted.
*Substitute whole grain English muffins, low fat or fat-free cheese and light sour cream to reduce calorie intake.