Cookbook - BeveragesPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/beverages/strawberrylimeshake/
Sparking Strawberry-Lime Shake
- 2 cups (10 oz) frozen whole unsweetened strawberries
- 1 1/4 cups lime-flavored sparkling water, divided
- 1/4 cup whipping cream or half and half*
- 1 tbsp sugar substitute
- Lime wedges or slices
- Place strawberries in blender container; let thaw 5 minutes before proceeding. Add 1 cup sparking water, cream and sugar substitute. Cover; blend until smooth, scraping down side of blender once or twice (mixture will be thick).
- Gently stir in remaining sparkling water; pour into 2 glasses. Garnish with lime wedges.
Variation: for a tropical variation, add 1 teaspoon banana extract and/or ½ teaspoon coconut extract along with the cream.
Tip: for quick shakes anytime, wash, hull and freeze whole strawberries in a tightly covered container.
- 156 calories
- 12 g total fat
- 15 g carbohydrates
- 2 g protein
- 41 mg cholesterol
- 18 mg sodium
- 2 g fiber