Cookbook - BreakfastPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/breakfast/pumpkinpancakes/
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt*
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine milk, pumpkin, egg white, and oil.
- Stir, into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with nonstick cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side golden brown.
- Makes 12 pancakes. Two pancakes= 240 calories
*Use whole-wheat flour for half of the called for flour and a no-sodium product to replace salt.