Cookbook - CondimentsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/condiments/vegetabletoppedhummus/
- 1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp Tahini*
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 3/4 tsp salt, no sodium product
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
*Available in the ethnic section of the supermarket or in Middle Eastern grocery stores.
- In a food processor or blender, combine garbanzo beans, Tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt; process until smooth.
- Combine tomato, onions and parsley in small bowl.
- Place bean mixture in medium serving bowl; spoon tomato mixture evenly over top. Serve with wedges of pita bread or assorted crackers.
- Makes 8 Servings.
- per serving
- calories=82 calories
- 3 g total fat
- 3 g protein
- 11 g carbohydrate
- 0 mg cholesterol
- 429 mg sodium
- 3 g fiber