Cookbook - Bread and DessertsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/desserts/crunchyorangemuffin/
Crunchy Orange Muffins
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- In large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients.
- In small bowl, combine the egg & orange juice; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle onto each muffin.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for about 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Submitted by: Mary Nere