Cookbook - Bread and DessertsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/desserts/pumpkincookies/
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt*
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar*
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened*
- 1 can Libby’s pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 cups of dark chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix ingredients. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
*Substitute whole-wheat flour for half of the called for flour. Replace salt with no-sodium product. Try using a sugar substitute such as honey or name-brand substitute. Use a trans-fat free butter substitute or try using a fruit puree or other baking substitute. Replace eggs with an egg substitute. Try using organic or dark chocolate baking chips.