Cookbook - Bread and DessertsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/desserts/strawberrycrumble/
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp minced crystallized ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup old fashion or quick oats
- 1/4 cup flour*
- 2 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar (or brown sugar substitute)
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter or margarine*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries, applesauce, ginger and nutmeg. Mix well and let stand for 5 minutes.
- While strawberry mixture is standing, prepare topping. In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour and brown sugar. Mix well. Using a pastry blender or fork, but in butter/margarine until coarse crumbs form.
- Spoon strawberry mixture into the prepared baking dish/pan. Sprinkle with topping. Bake until heated through and top in golden. Abut 30 minutes.
- Place on wire rack, cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
*Substitute whole-wheat flour for half of the called for flour. Use a trans-fat free butter substitute or baking substitute.