Cookbook - Bread and DessertsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/desserts/warmchocolatepudding/
Warm Chocolate Pudding
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups nonfat or low-fat milk, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lightly beat egg with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups milk, 1/3 cup sugar and salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk the remaining 1/3 cup sugar, cocoa and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Whisk in the remaining 3/4 cup milk until blended. Whisk the simmering milk mixture into the cocoa mixture. Pour the mixture back into the pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and glossy, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk about 1 cup of the hot cocoa mixture into the beaten egg. Return the egg mixture to the pan and cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until steaming and thickened, about 2 minutes. Whisk in vanilla. Serve warm.
- Per serving: 164 calories
- 2 g fat ( 1 g sat , 1 g mono )
- 37 mg cholesterol
- 34 g carbohydrates
- 6 g protein
- 3 g fiber
- 110 mg sodium
- 311 mg potassium.