Cookbook - Main DishesPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/maincourses/beefpotroastcrockpot/
Beef Pot Roast with Vegetables - Crockpot meal
- 3lbs beef chuck pot roast*
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 medium stalks celery, chopped
- 6 small red potatoes, cut in fourths
- 1 cup baby cut carrots
- 1 jar mushrooms, drained (or use one container fresh)
- 1 can cream mushroom soup*
- 2 tbsp chili sauce
- 1/2 pkg beefy onion soup mix (1 envelope)*
- Place beef in slow cooker. Arrange bay leaves on top of beef. Arrange celery, potatoes, carrots and mushrooms around beef.
- Top beef with cream of mushroom soup, chili sauce and beefy onion soup mix (dry).
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or until tender. Discard bay leaves.
*If you want an extra-lean beef, try eye of round roast, top round steak, mock tender steak, bottom round roast or top sirloin steak. For a 3.5 oz serving, those cuts contain 5 g total fat, 2 g sat fat and 95 mg cholesterol. Chuck roast (3.5oz serving) contains 10 g total fat, 4.5 g sat fat and 95 mg cholesterol.
*Try a reduced-fat cream soup or use a mushroom dry soup mix blended with skim milk. Try a reduced-fat or light onion soup mix.