Cookbook - Main DishesPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/maincourses/chickenenchiladas/
Chicken Enchiladas (Weight Watchers recipe)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups canned Italian tomatoes, undrained*
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 8 oz cooked, boneless, skinless, chopped chicken
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inch)*
- 4 ox cheddar cheese, shredded*
- Over medium heat in skillet, sautÃe onion and garlic, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, pepper and cook until sauce thickens, five to eight minutes. *Use cooking spray to saute instead of butter
- Remove half of sauce and add chicken to sauce in pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for a few seconds just to become sot and flexible. Spread tortillas flat, add 1/2 oz of cheese, 1/4 chicken mixture, roll to enclose. Set seam side down in baking dish sprayed with cooking pray.
- Pour reserved sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- *Use low-sodium tomatoes. Replace corn tortillas with whole-wheat tortillas. Use a light or fat free cheese. Another option would be using fat-free cottage cheese instead of shredded cheese for a portion of the mixture.