Cookbook - Main DishesPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/maincourses/cranberryandappleturkey/
Cranberry and Apple Turkey
- 2 tsp melted butter*
- 1/2 cup chicken broth*
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce (8-ounce can)*
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing crumbs*
- Turkey breast cutlets, 2 to 3 pounds
- Combine butter, chick broth, apple, onion, celery cranberry sauce, poultry seasoning and stuffing.
- Place about 3 tablespoons stuffing and fruit mixture in each turkey cutlet, then roll and secure with toothpicks. If cutlets are too thick to roll, arrange in Crockpot then top with stuffing mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (high 3 to 4 hours). Serves 8.
*In place of butter, try a trans-fat free substitute. Use a low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth. Fresh cranberries cooked= less calories than canned cranberry sauce. Try using oatmeal in place of stuffing crumbs.