Cookbook - Main DishesPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/maincourses/simplesausagepastatoss/
Simple Sausage Pasta Toss
- 8 oz multigrain spaghetti*
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs*
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 lb Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 1/2 inch slices*
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz each) no salt added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (2 1/4 ox) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast break crumbs in oil over medium heat; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and olives. Cook and stir until heated through. Drain pasta. Add to skillet. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
*Use whole-wheat pasta, try rolled oats or crushed bran cereal in place of seasoned breadcrumbs. Use a meatless product such as tofu.
- 1 2/3 cups=340 calories
- 10 g fat (2 g sat fat)
- 41 mg cholesterol
- 689 mg sodium
- 44 g carbohydrate
- 6 g fiber
- 21 g protein