Cookbook - Main DishesPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/maincourses/sweetnsimpleroastgravy/
Sweet n’ Simple Roast and Gravy
- 1 roast*
- 1 (12 oz) can cola*
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can mushroom soup*
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix*
- Put roast in roasting pan. Mix cola and mushroom soup, then pour over roast. Sprinkle onion soup mix on top of roast.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for three hours.
- Makes its own gravy. Enjoy!
*If you want an extra-lean beef, try eye of round roast, top round steak, mock tender steak, bottom round roast or top sirloin steak. For a 3.5 oz serving, those cuts contain 5 g total fat, 2 g sat fat and 95 mg cholesterol.
*Use a reduced-fat, low sodium mushroom soup. Or try using a dry mushroom soup mix mixed with skim milk instead of the cola.