Cookbook - Main DishesPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/maincourses/thaipeanutbutterchicken/
Thai Peanut Butter Chicken
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2/3 cup diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter* try a reduced-fat or fat free version
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp dry sherry or red wine* a beef broth may be a good alternative
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- In a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, cook olive oil, sesame oil, red onion, garlic, gingerroot and red pepper flakes 10 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Mix in vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, peanut butter, ketchup, sherry and lime juice, and cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Grill chicken and spread satay dip on top or as dipping sauce.