Cookbook - Main DishesPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/maincourses/tomatopie/
- 9 inch deep dish pie shell- unbaked*
- 5 large tomatoes, peeled an thickly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt*
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp dried basil
- Garlic powder to taste
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing*
- 1 1/4 cups grated cheddar cheese*
- Bake pie shell 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Lay tomatoes, sprinkling each layer with salt, pepper, basil and garlic powder.
- Combine mayonnaise and cheese, spread over tomatoes.
- Bake 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
*Substitute a lower calorie pie shell and try a no-sodium salt product. Use a light or fat-free mayonnaise or salad dressing and cheese.