Cookbook - SaladsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/salads/sweetsourcoleslaw/
Sweet n' Sour Coleslaw
- 1 pkg coleslaw mix
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 pkg chicken ramen noodle soup mix
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, unsalted
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp white sugar*
- Combine the coleslaw mix and green onions in a large covered container. Refrigerate.
- Place almonds and sesame seeds in a small, dry fry pan; heat on medium, stirring often until lightly browned. Spread on paper towel to cool.
- In a small container with tight fitting lid, shake together the oil, vinegar, sugar and seasoning mix from the soup to make the dressing. Crush the dry ramen noodles into small pieces. Store noodle pieces and cooled almond/sesame seeds in a small plastic bag.
- Combine everything just before serving. May adjust sugar/vinegar ration to sure your taste.
* Replace white sugar with sugar substitute.