EventsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/events/
- Feeling stressed? Schedule a relaxing 15 minute chair massage with our Massage Therapist Shannon Martin for only $17.
- In the month of February, challenge yourself to complete a full Ironman!
- Swim 2.4 miles
- Bike 112 miles
- Run 26.2 miles
- A weekly activity log is located in the Otto Rec Center upstairs by the bathroom entrance on the bulletin board and in the Myers Field House to the left of the water fountains on the bulletin board. < Write your name, email, and self-report your weekly distances. Anyone can sign up - it’s FREE! We will tally weekly total distances of participants and post the results. Participants who complete the full Ironman distances will be entered into a drawing to win a Campus Rec t-shirt!
- FYI: The Highland Center Pool is a 25 yard lane pool. 2.4 miles = 84 ½ laps
- Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
Heart Healthy Lunch
- Celebrate Heart month with the Heart Healthy Lunch on Wednesday, February 14 from 11a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the University Dining Center.
- The Wellness Committee will be offering coupons on a first come, first serve basis for the Heart Healthy Lunch.
- This meal is originally $8.24, however when you present your coupon at the University Dining Center, you will pay $5.00.
- Contact Wendy in Human Resources to get your discount ticket.
WYSIWYG Juice Co. will offer the following education sessions for students, faculty and staff:
- Protein and More - Thursday, January 25, 4 p.m. - 5 p.m., PH 116
- Juice Cleansing - Wednesday, February 21, 4 p.m. - 5 p.m., PH 116
- Sponsored by the Office of Campus Recreation
MSU Discount Nights at Mount Kato
- Enjoy a night out with family and friends at Mount Kato!
- Discount nights will be on Fridays, January 26, February 9, and March 2 from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Cost is as follows: $20 lift ticket, $19 ski/snowboard rental, tubing - 2 hours for $15 and 3 hours for $18 (tubing starts after 5 p.m. – must be at least 42” tall). Also, $4 beginner lessons for ages 7 and up for skiing/snowboarding.
- Must show MSU MavCard to get family and friends discount!
Bowling and Billiards
- The Wellness Committee is offering FREE bowling and billiards for faculty and staff at the CSU Maverick Bullpen
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays: February 6, 13, 20, 27.
- You can just go to the main desk at the Maverick Bullpen to get your bowling shoes or billiard supplies. Let them know that you are an employee and you can play for free.
- Bretta Gonzales, Wellness Committee Intern, will lead a FREE Circuit Training
- Wednesdays from 5:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- PH 102
- Beginning January 10- April 25.
- Circuit Training utilizes stations of cardio, endurance, and strength based movements to condition your body.
- Intensity may be adjusted by each participant to meet their personal needs. We hope to see you there!
Walk Every Day
- Don’t let Minnesota's chilly, winter weather keep you from getting your walk in each day. The 8-lane, 200-meter track in Myer’s Field House is avaiable from 12pm to 1pm for walking/running.
- There is no cost, just bring your MSU ID/MavCARD.
Bus, Bike, Board, Blade, Walk, Rideshare to Campus
Individuals with a disability who need a reasonable accommodation to participate in these events, please contact Wellness Committee at 507.389.2015 (V) or 1.800.627.3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY) at least five days prior to the day of the event.