EventsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/events/
- Feeling stressed? Schedule a relaxing 15 minute chair massage with our Massage Therapist Shannon Martin for only $17.
November 40 Mile Walk/Run Challenge:
During the month of November, the Wellness Committee will be holding a "40 mile walk/ run challenge." The walking track in Myers Field House will be available from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. daily (8 laps are equivalent to a mile) and a spreadsheet will be posted on the wall by the water fountains to record your miles. Any additional miles completed at home can also be added to this spreadsheet. A new spreadsheet will be put up each week with an updated total number of miles. All participants will be included in a weekly drawing for prizes! If you are interested in participating in this challenge, contact Elizabeth.Herrick@mnsu.edu for additional information or sign up on the spreadsheet in Myers Field House.
Snacks Before and After Exercise
- April Graff, Hy-Vee Dietitian
- Thursday, November 2
- 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- CSU 238
WYSIWYG Juice Co. - Our Story
Join Kristi Schuck and Marie Christiansen, owners of WYSIWYG Juice Co., as they share how they met, why they started juicing, and how they developed their passion into a business. Learn more about these two resilient, strong, and successful women on Wednesday, December 6 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. in CSU 245. Juice samples and snacks will be provided. Due to limited space, please email to register. See attached flier for further details.
Techniques for Reducing Stress
- Robyn Ceurvorst, Assistant Professor, Recreation, Parks & Leisure Services Department
- Thursday, November 30
- 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- CSU 201
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Meet us by the fountain for a wonderful walk around campus! The employees with the top three poker hands will receive a prize! All participants will receive a water and granola bar. Previous poker experience is not required. We hope to see you there!
- *In case of inclement weather, the walk will move inside and will begin by Barnes & Noble.
Walk Every Day
- Don’t let Minnesota's chilly, winter weather keep you from getting your walk in each day. The 8-lane, 200-meter track in Myer’s Field House is open for walking during your lunch hour!
- Available from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. for walking/running through April 16, 2017. The track will be available from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. from April 17, 2017, through May 5, 2017.
- There is no cost, just bring your MSU ID/MavCARD.
Bus, Bike, Board, Blade, Walk, Rideshare to Campus
Individuals with a disability who need a reasonable accommodation to participate in these events, please contact Wellness Committee at 507.389.2015 (V) or 1.800.627.3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY) at least five days prior to the day of the event.