Events - MSUPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/events/summer2008/
Group Fitness classes start the week of May 19th, Yoga begins on May 27th and Pilates begins June 4th, with no classes on May 26th or July 3rd. Classes will continue through July 24th. No classes over interim.
- Mixed Level Yoga
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 12:00-12:45 pm in PH102 $2 a class, please bring exact change. Taught by instructor Tasha Purcell.
- Group Fitness Classes
- The following classes are taught by instructor and fitness guru Jen Myers, a membership to Otto recreation is required, please see below for options.
- Mondays @ noon Bodypump (in PH 102)
- A strength endurance training class low in complexity but high in fun! You get maximum results in a short time by working your entire body in 45 minutes. Benefits include increased strength, increased metabolism and the “feel good” factor associated with a great total body workout!
- Tuesdays @ 4:15 Water aerobics (in the pool)
- A 45 minute total body workout without the aches and pains of impact. Using the water as resistance, both deep and shallow cardio moves get your heart rate high but keep your body temperature low. Specialized equipment is also used to tone your body. Splash on in!
- Thursdays @ 4:15 On the Ball (in PH 102)
- A 30 minute class that will strengthen your core, improve balance and improve stability. All exercises will be executed on a stability ball. Limit 12 participants (unless you have your own ball)
Faculty/Staff who DON’T have a membership pass to Otto for the summer have two options if they want to attend these classes.
- They can buy a $50 pass for the whole summer which gets them into the recreation center, pool and group fitness classes
- They can buy a $25 pass for the whole summer which gets them into the pool and group fitness classes.
Individuals with a disability who need a reasonable accommodation to participate in these events, please contact Wellness Committee at 507.389.2068 (V) or 1.800.627.3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY) at least five days prior to the day of the event.