shortcut to content
Faculty & Staff
Make a Gift
Page address: http://www.mnsu.edu/access/notetaker/quiz.html
1) What is the best method of communication with the student if I need to contact them outside of class?
A) Communication outside of class isn't necessary.
B) Phone or Email.
C) Discuss with the student (when exchanging contact information) which they prefer.
D) All of the above
2) What do I do if I am late or absent from class?
A) If I am absent, the Accessibility Resources student will find a replacement for the day.
B) I am responsible for finding notes from someone else in class and getting them to the Accessibility Resources student in a timely manner.
C) The Professor will monitor my attendance and find a replacement.
D) Find someone to share his or her notes when I return.
3) What are my responsibilities if the student I am taking notes for is absent?
A) The student is responsible for getting the notes they missed from either me or another student in the class.
B) Inform Accessibility Resources if the student is out for more than several classes. They may no longer need my services.
C) Both A and B
D) The student's attendance is none of my concern; I am only a notetaker.
4) When should I give the notes to the student?
A) At the end of each class if using carbonless paper.
B) At the end of each week if sending in email.
C) In plenty of time before a quiz or test.
D) All of the above
5) How will I know if my notes are adequate?
A) I should check with the student periodically for feedback to ensure my notes are clear and comprehensive.
B) The Professor will let me know if there are any problems.
C) Accessibility Resources will contact me if there are any concerns.
D) The student will let me know if there are any problems.
6) As a notetaker I am responsible for:
A) Taking clear, concise notes daily in class.
B) Checking with the student to be sure my notes are understandable.
C) Giving the notes to the student in a timely manner.
D) All of the above
7) What should I do if I drop the class?
A) Let the student figure it out for himself/herself and find his/her own replacement.
B) Contact the student, the Professor, and Accessibility Resources and inform them that I have dropped and ask them to find a replacement.
C) Contact the Professor and Accessibility Resources and inform them that I have dropped and ask them to find a replacement.
D) None of the above
8) I will receive an honorarium for my services:
C) I will receive my payment via direct deposit approximately two weeks after the completion of the semester. The letter of Recognition for Volunteer service will be mailed to the address listed on my contract approximately two weeks after the completion of the semester.
D) I will be notified, by Accessibility Resources via email, when I can come and pick it up about 2 weeks before the end of the semester.
9) What do I do with the Certificate of Completion when I finish this quiz?
A) Deliver it to the student I am taking notes for.
B) Deliver it to the Professor; he/she will take care of all the paper work.
C) Deliver it to Accessibility Resources in Memorial Library 132.
D) Email it to Accessibility Resources.
10) The fact that I am a notetaker for a student in my class is confidential information and is shared on a need-to-know basis.
11) I must also provide tutoring as part of my notetaking responsibilities.
12) Being sure that notes are provided in my absence is my responsibility.
13) Printing the handouts from the professor's notes on D2L or online is sufficient for notetaking services.
14) I should get the notes to the student at my convenience.
15) If the student asks me to help them write a paper, I should help them if I feel I understand what is required in the paper.
16) Though not required, the student and I can become study partners or lab partners.
17) If I am absent it is my responsibility to find notes from the class I missed and get them to the student in a timely manner.
18) If the student complains to me that my notes aren't clear, it is my responsibility to accept the feedback and make necessary adjustments.
19) If I run out of carbonless notetaker paper, my only option is to pay for copies.
20) If I take notes for two students in the same class I will receive double payment.
21) I will receive my payment from the student on the last day of class.