Cultural Contribution ScholarshipPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/international/scholarship/instate.html
Minnesota State University, Mankato values the cultural contribution of international students to our campus and local communities over additional tuition dollars. For this reason, all new undergraduate applicants are automatically awarded the Cultural Contribution scholarship, which allows them to pay only about 10% more than resident tuition – a savings of $7000+ per academic year in tuition. If you are a Graduate student taking undergraduate deficiency classes, you will have to apply for the scholarship. Regular Graduate students DO NOT qualify for this scholarship. Please see below for required criteria to maintain the scholarship beyond the first semester.
The Kearney International Center will be responsible to administer, award, cancel, deny, and enforce the policy of the Minnesota State University, Mankato Cultural Contribution Scholarship Program. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP IN DETAIL.The Kearney International Center IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU NOT FULLY UNDERSTANDING AND READING THE INFORMATION. The scholarship is awarded and continued based on the following criteria:
Earning the Scholarship
You will automatically receive the scholarship once you are admitted as an F-1 or J-1 undergraduate student. You do not have to apply for it the 1st sememster.
Maintaining the Scholarship:
To maintain the scholarship:
- Have a valid F-1 or J-1 Immigration Status
- Have a Spring term GPA of 2.5 or cumulative MSU GPA of 3.0.
- Successfully earn a minimum of Twelve(12) credits each semester. Completed credits are grades A-D and Pass(P). "F", "Withdrawal", "Incomplete", or "In Progress" is NOT earned credits.
- 25 hours of Cultural Contribution due at the end of Fall and Spring semester you are receiving a scholarship.
- Maximum length of scholarship is 9 semesters.
Evaluation and Continuation
- Submit 25 Contribution hours by the last day of the semester in the International Center.
- Meet the required 2.5 GPA for the Spring semester or 3.0 of MSU Cumulative GPA
- Earn a minimum of 12 Credit Hours according to scholarship requirements.
- Submit 25 Contribution hours by the last day of the semester in the International Center
- Not exceed 9 semesters for undergraduate with the scholarship