Our Mission & Students
Page address: http://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/employment/studentsandprograms.html
The Department of Residential Life facilitates students’ academic and personal success by providing educational opportunities and convenient accommodations.
Students and Programs
- We house nearly 2,700 residents in five residence communities.
- Historically, approximately 90% of first year students live on campus.
- 40% of our students are first generation college students.
- The Crawford Residence community includes the Maverick Mentor Program providing additional academic support to students living in Crawford.
- Our Learning Community program, housed in both the McElroy and Preska Residence Communities, provides an opportunity for first year students to co-enroll in three classes and live on the same residence hall floor.
- Community members agree on floor standards and complete roommate agreements.
- Student leadership opportunities include RHA, NRHH, and floor government roles. Community Advisor, Maverick Mentor, and Learning Community Coordinator positions are additional student leadership opportunities.