Crawford Move-In InformationPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/housing/new/move_in/move_in_fall/crawford_movein.html
Instructions for Thursday, August 20, 2015
9 am - 4 pm
15-Minute Unloading Zone (Lot 14 and Lot 14A)
- Move Crew volunteers will help unload your belongings to the curb outside of Crawford. They can also help watch your belongings when vehicles are moved away from the unloading zone. Move Crew volunteers work until approximately 3 pm.
- Vehicles are not to be left unattended when parked in an unloading zone. Someone must stay with the vehicle at all times.
- No trailers are allowed in this unloading zone. Go to the designated unloading area in Lot 16.
- As soon as your vehicle is unloaded, please move it to the designated long-term parking lots (Lots 1, 2, 20, or 21). This will help ensure others get moved in quickly as well.
- Vehicles that take up more than one parking stall must be moved to Lot 20 or 21 and cannot stay in Lot 16 after unloading.
- Vehicles with handicap permits may park in Lot 16.
Check-In and Room Key Pickup
Typically the student goes to the check-in table to pick up his/her key and a Welcome packet while family and/or friends begin to unload personal belongings.
- Students need to bring a picture ID to check in (a driver's license or MavCARD will work!)
- To check in, enter through the Lot 14A main entrance and follow the signs to the Crawford lobby.
- A limited number of flatbed carts are available for check-out in the lobby.
- Students or family members may check these out with an ID.
- Shuttles run from 9 am until 7 pm.
- The Crawford shuttle picks up and drops off from the bus shelters on Maywood (in front of Preska), in front of Julia Sears, and Lots 1 and 20.
New Student and Family BBQ
- Stop by the Myers Field House from 4 to 6 pm for dinner.
- For students, this is the first meal covered by your meal plan so all you need to bring is your MavCARD to eat. For friends and family, the cost of this meal is $9 per person and tickets can be purchased at the door. Children five and under are free.
To Avoid Ticketing and Towing
- Do not park in barricaded areas, handicap stalls, areas blocked with cones, yellow spaces, Gold lots/spaces, or facility stalls.
- After 4 pm on Thursday, August 20, students and guests can park in Green lots without a permit through Sunday, August 23.