Crawford Move-In InformationPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/housing/new/move_in/move_in_fall/crawford_movein.html
Instructions for Thursday, August 20, 2020
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
15-Minute Unloading Zone (Lot 14 and Lot 14A)
- Move Crew volunteers will help unload your belongings to the curb of Lots 14 and 14A. They can also help watch your belongings when vehicles are moved away from the unloading zone. Move Crew volunteers work until approximately 3 p.m.
- Vehicles should not be left unattended when parked in an unloading zone beyond the student getting their room key.
- No trailers are allowed in this unloading zone. Go to the designated unloading area in Lot 16.
- As soon as your vehicle is unloaded, please move it to the designated long-term parking lots (Lots 1, 20, 21, or 22). This will help ensure others get moved in quickly as well.
- Vehicles that take up more than one parking stall must be moved to Lot 1, 20, 21, or 22 after unloading and cannot stay in Lot 16.
- Vehicles with handicap permits may park in Lot 14A or Lot 16 after unloading.
Check-In and Room Key Pickup
The student goes to the check-in table to pick up their key while family and/or friends begin to unload personal belongings.
- Students need to bring a picture ID to check-in (a driver's license or MavCARD will work!)
- To check in, enter through the Lot 14A main entrance and follow the signs to the Crawford Lobby.
- A limited number of flatbed carts will be available for check-out in the lobby.
- Students or family members may check these out with an ID.
- Shuttles will run from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- The Crawford shuttle picks up and drops off from the bus shelters on Maywood (in front of Preska), in front of Julia Sears, and Lots 1, 20, 21, and 22.
New Student and Family Dinner
- Stop by the University Dining Center from 4 to 6 p.m. for dinner.
- For students, this is the first meal covered by your meal plan so all you need to bring is your MavCARD to eat. For friends and family, your student may use any of their three guest meals to pay for your admission (or you may pay the $9 door rate). Children five and under are free.
To Avoid Ticketing and Towing
- Do not park in barricaded areas, handicap stalls, areas blocked with cones, yellow spaces, Gold lots/spaces, or facility stalls.
- After 4 p.m. on Thursday, August 20, students and guests can park in Green lots without a permit through 6 p.m. Sunday, August 23.