Student SafetyPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/family/resources/safety.html
Campus Safety and Security Tips
Minnesota State University, Mankato Security provides 24-hour, year round vehicle and foot patrol of campus grounds and buildings. As well as a 24-hour Safe Walk service for any student, employee, or guest who requests it.
Emergency phones are located around campus; call 2111 from any University phone to report emergencies on campus.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Here are some tips to help keep your student's safe while at Minnesota State Mankato:
- To report an emergency: Dial 9-1-1
- For non-emergency or general information, contact University Security at 507-389-2111.
- Campus Security offers a 24-hour Safe Walk service, call 507-389-2111 to request service.
- When walking, biking, or running on the University campus, please take into account the following safety tips:
- At night, walk with a friend if possible. If you have no one to walk with, take advantage of the 24-hour Safe Walk service, call 507-389-2111
- Avoid shortcuts. Take well-traveled and well-lit walkways.
- Be alert and aware of the people and environment around you.
- Trust your instincts. If someone makes you uncomfortable, even in daylight, do what is necessary to move away from them.
- If you feel that someone is following you, go immediately to a nearby location where there are more people.
- When driving and parking on the university campus, please take into account the following safety tips:
- Keep your vehicle locked at all times when it's parked AND when you are driving it. Keep the windows rolled up high enough so that an intruder cannot reach inside.
- When you return to your vehicle, look around it and inside it before you get in.
- Keep your vehicle well maintained. Make sure you have enough gasoline to reach your destination.
- If you will be returning to your vehicle at night, park in a place that will be well lit when you return.
- If your vehicle breaks down, remain inside it with the doors locked. If anyone stops to help, ask them to go call a tow truck or the police for you.
- NEVER pick up hitchhikers. This is extremely dangerous.
- Keep valuables (CDs, tapes, purses, briefcases, etc.) out of sight. Lock bags and packages in the car's trunk.
- Minnesota State University Crime Logs are public information.
- Protecting Yourself Against Identity Theft and Protecting Your Property
- Safe Walk Service
- Jumpstarts and Unlocks
- Lost & Found
- Report a Crime
- Silent Witness Report