Glossary of HR TermsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/glossary/index.php?id=b
Terms beginning with the letter(s):
- Bargaining Unit
- A group of occupationally related employees who are treated the same for terms and conditions of employment and may be represented by a labor union. MnSCU employees are part of bargaining units represented by AFSCME, MAPE, MMA. IFO, MSCF, MSUAASF, etc. (See Also Collective Bargaining)
- Base Salary
- Compensation paid for a full time annualized appointment. Partial appointments are prorated.
- Bereavement Leave
- Paid leave that an eligible employee may use in the event of the death of a family or household member as defined by the terms of the employee's employment contract or collective bargaining agreement.
- Board of Trustees
- The Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is governed by a 15-member Board of Trustees appointed by the governor. The Board has policy responsibility for system planning, academic programs, fiscal management, personnel, admissions requirements, tuition and fees, and rules and regulations.
- Bureau of Mediation Services
- The State of Minnesota Bureau of Mediation Services provides neutral mediation of collective bargaining disputes. Such disputes arise over the negotiation of terms and conditions of a labor contract or as a result of an alleged violation of the provisions of an existing labor contract. The former is referred to as "contract mediation" and the latter as "grievance mediation."