Completing Your Time Sheet
Timekeeping procedures are different for "Exempt" versus "Non-exempt" employees.
Most exempt employees are, by law, not eligible for overtime. Non-exempt employees are eligible for overtime or comp time in accordance with their collective bargaining agreement or personnel plan.
- All employees, with the exception of Faculty, are required to submit time sheets.
- It is essential that all time sheets are legible and all required fields are completed.
- Find out if you are an "Exempt" or a "Non-exempt" Employee and follow the applicable instructions listed below:
- Non-Exempt: Record actual time worked, as well as leave time taken in the appropriate rows and columns on the time sheet.
- Exempt: Record only leave taken or hours not worked, such as sick leave, annual leave, personal holiday, leave without pay, family medical leave, etc.
- Do NOT submit or approve time sheets in advance. (Circumstances often change (e.g. sick leave) leading to different hours being worked.)
Fraud on your time sheet may subject you to discipline up to and including termination, and/or criminal prosecution.