Bulk MailPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/oss/bulkmail.html
There are two rate structures for this class, the non-profit bulk rate and the automated bulk rate. Almost all types of mail can be shipped at this rate. Bulk mail differs from 1st class in price (a lower rate) and time (allow an extra 2 or 3 days).
A bulk mailing can result in savings of 65 to 90 percent over first class rates. To qualify for nonprofit bulk mailing rates the Bulk Mail Check- List must be met.
Call Tammy Trcka @ 389-2173 for additional information, and to avoid any higher postage rates.
Bulk Mail Requirements
Large mailings (over 200 pieces) can be sent out as a Bulk Mailing at the reduced rate if the following requirements are met:
- No intra-campus or International can be included.
- All flaps must be down (all pieces must be the same) and letters placed in trays provided by MSU Postal Services. Extras are in your respective Mail rooms.
- Thick, oversized mail, envelopes or self mailers can have the indicia printed on the mail piece. Check with Printing Services when you are having your mail piece designed.
- An MSU return address must be on all mail pieces.
- All pieces are in ZIP code order with the smallest ZIP code facing the front and the largest in back.
- Multiple trays or tubs are labeled (1 of 3, 2 of 3 etc.).
- A First Cass Presort/Bulk Mailing Description form is included with the mailing.