University TravelPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/busoff/travel/news/newrates/
Mileage Reimbursement Rates
(January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015)
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has announced a increase in the standard mileage reimbursement rate for business miles.
- The rate has been adopted for use by state employees and is effective beginning January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015.
- Mileage rates are used to calculate reimbursements to employees that use their personal vehicle for business trips.
- Employees should note that the university actually utilizes two reimbursement rates.
- The IRS standard mileage reimbursement rate (57.5 cents) is used when a state owned vehicle is not available.
- A lesser rate (50.5 cents) is used when a state vehicle is declined or not requested by the employee.
Please use the new mileage reimbursement rates when completing employee expense forms for trips taken between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
- State-owned vehicle NOT available (IRS Standard):
57.5 cents per mile
- State Owned Vehicle Declined or Not Requested:
50.5 cents per mile