College of Arts & Humanities Celebration Awards
The purpose of the Celebration Awards is to recognize the wide array of good work being done by students, faculty, staff, alumni, and friends of the College of Arts & Humanities through awards and a showcase of student creative and scholarly work. The celebration will recognize accomplishments and activities that support the College’s mission of cultivating the appreciation and practice of creative, intellectual, and cultural forms of expression, and that promote outstanding achievement through teaching, research, and service.
2015 College of Arts and Humanities Celebration Awards
At a glance information for the Arts & Humanities Awards Celebration:
Date:April 23, 2015
What:Hors d’oeuvres, Poster session, Performances, Awards Ceremony
Who is Invited:Students, Faculty, Staff, Alumni and Friends of the College of Arts & Humanities
Current or former members of the College may submit nominations for all awards. A nomination form is included here and is also available in the Dean’s office (AH226). Nominations are due in the Dean’s office or by email to Lori Brendemuehl, firstname.lastname@example.org by April 3, 2015. Awardees will be recognized during a special event on April 23, 2015 from 4pm – 6:30pm in the CSU Ballroom.
Criteria for Selection
Nominees should have made contributions to the mission of the College of Arts & Humanities that are of extraordinary quality. A selection committee will review all nominations. Nominees will be considered based on their contributions to the following categories:
- Innovation in Instruction: Enriching the classroom with knowledge, experience, and vitality; demonstrating a devotion to teaching and learning; constantly striving to find effective ways to teach and engage students.
- Commitment to Student Success: Being a mentor to students and/or an exemplary advisor/counselor; providing service and special assistance to students; generating excitement for learning.
- Contributions to Mission and Goals of the College: Participating in community organizations, College committees, or campus activities; exhibiting evidence of exemplary service to the community.
- Professional Achievement: Engaging in scholarly activities such as publishing, presentations, research, consulting workshops, or continuing education courses; gaining recognition by peers in the profession.
- Commitment to Diversity: Demonstrating a commitment and service to special student and community populations, either in a leadership role, contribution of time and energy, or promotion of diversity in the curriculum and classroom.
- Cooperative Spirit: Participating in a manner that is viewed by others as having a positive impact on his/her professional capacity in the College; making positive contributions to the progress, well-being of his/her academic unit and of the College.
Submissions for Student Presentation or Performance
The purpose of showcasing student work is to share the outstanding scholarly and creative work of our undergraduate and graduate students with faculty, staff, alumni, and friends of the College of Arts & Humanities. Please consider nominating three (3) outstanding students for poster presentations from your department. The awards committee is also seeking up to four performance pieces (approximately ten to fifteen minutes each) for the Arts & Humanities Celebration Awards. A submission form is included here and is also available in the Dean’s office. Submissions for student poster presentation or performance are due in the Dean’s office or by email to Lori Brendemuehl, email@example.com by April 3, 2015. We ask that students that are participating in the poster session arrive at 3:30pm in the CSU Ballroom on April 23, 2015 in order to be ready to present at 4pm.