Graduate AssistantshipsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/languages/ga.html
Please visit the Campus Hub website for information on Tuition and Fees
The department has a few graduate teaching assistantships (TA) in Spanish. Students awarded an assistantship are provided:
- A tuition waiver. Students are still responsible to pay any university fees.
- A salary of up to $9000
The assistantship responsibilities include:
- Instruction of one lower-level Spanish course (4 credits) per semester.
- Three department service hours per week. The assignment hours vary depending on department needs but could include proctoring make-up exams, credit-by-exam evaluation, Spanish club graduate advisor, hosting conversation table, tutoring and others.
- Attendance at a one-week training workshop in August. This is designed to prepare you to teach.
- Student must enroll in a methods course WLC 560 the first semester of teaching unless a previously completed methods course is approved as equivalent.
Applications are accepted year round. The minimum qualifications to apply are:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Admission to the College of Graduate Studies at MSU, Mankato
- All students whose first language is not English must demonstrate their ability in English by submitting a TOEFL score of 570 or equivalent
- A minimum of Advanced Low or equivalent in Spanish
To apply you will be asked to provide:
- Graduate assistantship application form
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts
- Three references
If you plan to submit your materials digitally (via email), please submit only .pdf files labeled as follows: last name_first initial_name of file_year.pdf, Example: morales_l_assistantshipform_2013.pdf
See application details and forms in the most recent vacancy notice on the MSU, Mankato Human Resources page: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/index.html. Search for “Graduate Assistant: World Languages and Cultures.”
Graduate Assistantship application materials will be submitted directly to:
Dr. James Grabowska
Professor, Chair of World Languages and Cultures
227 Armstrong Hall
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Mankato, MN 56001 U.S.A.