Brandon CookePage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/philosophy/prof/cooke.html
Professor of Philosophy
Email: cooke at mnsu.edu
Office: 218S Armstrong Hall
- B.A. (Music) , B.S. (Mathematics), Cert (East Asian Studies) University of Maryland College Park, 1993
- Ph.D. (Philosophy) University of St. Andrews, 2003
Areas of Research
- "Drawing from Life", British Journal of Aesthetics, October 2015.
- "Ethics and Fictive Imagining", Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism, August 2014.
- "On the Ethical Distinction between Art and Pornography", in Art and Pornography, Hans Maes and Jerrold Levinson, eds, Oxford University Press, 2012.
- "It's Okay to Be Evil in Your Head", in Dungeons and Dragons and Philosophy, Jon Cogburn and Mark Silcox, eds, Open Court Press, 2012.
- "Aesthetics: Research Methods and Problems", in The Continuum Companion to Aesthetics, Anna Christina Ribeiro, ed, Continuum Books, 2012.
- "Imagining Art", British Journal of Aesthetics, January 2007.
- "Critical Pluralism Unmasked", British Journal of Aesthetics, July 2002.
- Professor of Philosophy, Minnesota State University, Mankato (July 2015 - present)
- Associate Professor of Philosophy, Minnesota State University, Mankato (August 2010 - June 2015)
- Lingnan Foundation Teaching Scholar, Lingnan University, Hong Kong (August 2008 - June 2009)
- Assistant Professor of Philosophy, Minnesota State University, Mankato (August 2005 - July 2010)
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy, Auburn University (August 2002 - June 2005)
- Visiting Lecturer in Philosophy, University of Maryland at College Park (January 2001 - May 2001)
- American Philosophical Association
- American Society for Aesthetics
- British Society for Aesthetics
- Minnesota Philosophical Society (2011-2012 President, 2010-2011 Vice President)
- Society for the Philosophy of Sex and Love